Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halfway Point

 I have a beautiful drive to work.  No really, I do.  I drive country roads that curve here and there to keep me alert and climb hills that come back down again.  I hit three stop signs and go through one set of lights to get to my school. 
One of the best spots is my halfway point.  My coffee is still hot.  The car is warmed up and a good song is usually playing.  The other day, at my halfway point, I just couldn't get enough of the gorgeous deciduous trees ablaze in autumn colors all around.  And then it got even better!
I looked straight ahead and saw snow!  Beautiful, fresh, white snow glowing from the newly risen sun!  Mount Washington can be seen clearly on a cloudless day from my halfway spot.  This day was spectacular!  The view of the snowcaps nearly took my breath away.  I do have a beautiful drive to work.

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your commute. Mt. Washington is SOME view! That's incredible. I'd love to live where I could see snow-capped mountains on a regular basis.
    SAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - ditto ditto - and I live on the other side of the country with a view of a different mountain - Mt. Baker - and probably not so many deciduous trees but I was tickled to see the white snow line appearing this week!

    ReplyDelete