Friday, October 8, 2010

Children of Ours

My son is a junior in college.  He's studying abroad this semester in Barcelona, Spain.  His itinerary this semester includes a couple of once-in-a-life-time trips to other countries in Europe including France, Germany, and maybe England.  How fabulous!  His study trip to France, two weeks ago, included a tour of Salvador Dahli's residence and the musuem that houses his - it's-never-going-to-look-like-this-anywhere-else artwork.  Boy, was my son impressed and I pleased with his immersion in culture and history abroad.  Our communication thread through the internet has a live pulse.  We communicate electronically almost daily.  Then the email from the "abroad office".  A terrorist alert is posted for Americans, and natives, in Europe.  Terrorist activity is confirmed in areas that include major transporation and tourist destinations.  My son is there. 

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking of the students abroad lately because of the terrorist alerts. I will be thinking of you and your son too.

    ReplyDelete